The Caffeinated Day Tripper has been nominated for the Liebster Award; an award to bloggers and from bloggers, created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the world of blogging. Thank you, so much to The Wandering Wanderluster for this unexpected and much appreciated nomination!
The Rules of the Game:
- Thank the blogger who has nominated you (obviously!) and link back to their site.
- Answer their questions
- Nominate 10 other travel bloggers (ideally those with under 600 followers, likes, whatever you want to call them)
- Ask them 10 questions
Here are ten questions I was asked to answer:
1) Who or what inspired you to travel?
I’ve always enjoyed hopping in a fully gassed-up car and just getting “lost” for the day. Upon meeting my husband (who is the easiest going co-pilot on this planet) we discovered we shared a love for day tripping and travel. No destination was too big or too small, too near nor too far. No roadside attraction, too cheesy. No souvenir, too tacky. The open road, and its limitless possibilities for adventure, inspired me! Plus, I could stop and get a coffee on the way…
2) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I love sharing photos of the places I’ve been and the things I’ve done. I was hoping to inspire people to get out there and have their own adventure. To see the crazy sights, eat the weird foods and pay it forward to the next bored couch potato!
3) Which country do you think has the best food?
I have a blissful memory of absolutely perfect guacamole & chips in Mexico. Maybe it was that the beer was so frosty, the beach so hot and I was petting baby lions and monkeys interchangeably but…holy guacamole does Mexico have some good food!
4) What is the most luxurious place you have stayed at?
It would have to be the Atlantis Resort & Casino on Paradise Island in The Bahamas; luxurious fun at its finest. The New York Marriott Marquis, in Times Square, is a close second.
5) What destination has surprised you the most? And why?
Nova Scotia, Canada: While motorbiking around the province, I was spontaneously invited into a working lighthouse, by its caretaker, for a breakfast of homemade sausages, scrambled eggs and the most delectable assortment of fresh baked breads and scones. The coffee was hot, the company was fascinating and the views were unbeatable! It’s one of those simple chance opportunities I’ll never forget.
6) What is your favorite place?
I’m still in love with New York City, even after dozens of visits. Nothing is ever the same twice. From Times Square to Ellis Island, Harlem to Chinatown, Chelsea to Brooklyn…it’s a new adventure every time.
7) Do you prefer Hotel or Hostel? And why?
I have never stayed in a hostel. It’s not that I wouldn’t, just that the opportunity has never presented itself. Seems like a great place to make friends & memories.
8) Which is your favorite travel quote?
My favorite travel quote comes from a collection I put together in Riding Shotgun with Kerouac: 15 Inspiring Quotes on Travel From the Greats of Poetry, Philosophy and Literature. “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” –Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums.
9) Whats your biggest dream?
My biggest dream is to continue living the imperfectly perfect life I’m living with my family. Every day is a gift. (Getting to New Zealand, at some point, wouldn’t suck either ;P)
10) Where are you off to next?
A road trip from New Hampshire to Florida. Spending a few days there before heading to coastal South Carolina, then back inland through Georgia and North Carolina (via the Blue Ridge Parkway/Mountains) and then, gently, making my way back home. Can’t wait to share it all with you guys!
I would like to nominate the following bloggers:
Jonny Jenkins from Step up…Dive In
FW North & Elle of Lunaguava
Bob Ramsak of PiranCafe
Syd Schulz of Nomadically Inclined
Jess of Ice Cream and Permafrost
Nina & Jempi of Travelboulevard
Ashley Hubbard of A Southern Gypsy
Anastasia of Gallivant Girl
Brianna Jellerson Simmons- The Casual Travelist
Rebekah Voss, The Happy Passport
My questions to these bloggers are:
1) What is the quirkiest souvenir or memento you ever picked up in your travels?
2) What was the most exotic or rare animal you encountered?
3) If you won the lottery, where would you go and in what style would you live?
4) What is your most embarrassing travel moment?
5) If you had to bring one celebrity along in your travels who would it be?
6) What song reminds you of a favorite travel destination and where was it?
7) If technology allows, in your life time, would you travel to space?
8) Name one place that you would never visit again.
9) If you could do one good deed, to solve a problem in a country you have visited, what would it be?
10) Which of your own blog posts do you think is best?
Thanks, again, for the nomination, The Wandering Wanderluster. Have fun, and good luck, everyone!