Ride Along on a Photographic Tour of New York City
I’m beginning to consider New York City my home away from home. It’s a four and a half hour ride from my place in New Hampshire, making it far enough for an impulsive weekend getaway but not so far that I have to fly. As many of you know, I hate to fly. No, I’m not scared of it. I’m bored. Bored, to tears, with:
- Standing in line to check my luggage (It’s one suitcase. I pack light. Can’t I just sit on the sucker?)
- Standing in line to be felt up (Look, TSA, some girls have to wear under-wire bras. Program that into your fancy metal detecting gizmo!)
- Standing in line to board (Less talkin’, more walkin’, folks!)
- Standing in line to sit (Really? I have to stand in line to sit?)
- Sitting still (Me??? Cruel & inhumane treatment! I want my lawyer!)
- Standing in line for the bathroom (One teensy bathroom? On a plane with this many women & children?? Drinking soda & wine??? )
- Standing in line to get off the plane (Places to go! People to see! Bathrooms to find! Move it! Move it!)
- And…say it with me…standing in line to get my luggage (It’s one suitcase! I pack light. Can’t I just sit on the sucker?)
I just want to GO. Now. So, hopping in the car with my coffee, setting the old iPod to shuffle and putting pavement under my wheels, quick-like, en route to the city is a dream.
I also dabble in photography. My hard drive is crammed with photos I’ve taken in my many day & weekend trips to NYC. Today I’d like to share a few with you. Hope you enjoy. (And look, no standing in line!)
A Few of my Photos of NYC
I hope you enjoyed the photos and will be inspired to visit New York City yourself!
Have you been to New York City? Have more information to offer or questions? Photos to share? Don’t be shy! Leave a comment in the comment box below. We love to hear from you 🙂 And don’t forget to follow this blog by entering your email in the “Follow” box in the sidebar above. You can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter , Google + and Pinterest! And you can always find great deals on hiking & travel gear in our online store, The Caffeinated Shopper.
Until next time, happy and safe day-travels,